You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Education Support (Early Years)
There are 3 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Our Humane Education Volunteer Team plays a vital role in representing the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society in schools and the local communities we support across the province.
This is a flexible role that gives you the chance to get involved in lots of different activities.
Each activity helps to raise awareness and fosters empathy, promotes a sense of responsibility, and inspires connection with animals and the environment.
As this is a varied role, you might get involved in any, or all, of the following:
Delivering presentations (30-75 minutes in length) primarily to local schools, however, this could be extended to community groups.
The content for presentations will cover the Ontario SPCA mission and reflect humane education`s goal to inspire compassion, empathy, and respect for all animals.
Attend community events hosted by the organization or other community partners, as a representative of the Ontario SPCA, for example hosting an information booth at a local event or activity.
Raising awareness of our work by utilizing your personal and professional contacts.
- Positive role model
- Have a good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Google Classroom, and other presentation software
- Ability to clearly communicate instructions to participants
- Enjoy working with youth
- Ability to stand for periods of time and comfortable conversing with the public
- Desire to learn more about animal well-being and our Humane Education programs
- Ability to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Clearance -VSC Comfortable interacting and engaging with children
- A vehicle in good working order will be required for this role
- Previous teaching, presenting or experience working in a school setting would be helpful
We recognize the time contribution of being a volunteer. Therefore, we support a customized approach to your schedule to best suit your availability.
During our onboarding process, we will capture your time preferences and availability. We are always looking for individuals who are dependable and responsible.
This role is flexible, each volunteer will be travelling within their local community, with a focus of presenting to schools.
Anywhere from eight to twenty hours a month is expected for this role.
*Mileage reimbursement is NOT available for this role; therefore, we do our very best to schedule presentations within a 25km radius of your community.
Supervision and Support
As a Humane Education Volunteer, you will be supported by Ontario SPCA Humane Education staff.
This staff partner will provide you with training for your specific role, your schedule, and any required administration, feedback or updates.
The Volunteer Development Team will always be available to offer support and guidance.
You will also have direct access to our online communities, where you can find organizational updates, and contact information for your staff partners.
Swim with a Buddy Volunteers will help young children become comfortable in the water.
Swim with a Buddy takes place every Friday evening beginning September 29 at our Eastview location -- 433 Eulalie Ave., Oshawa.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Provide 2 references (neither can be from family members)
- Able to swim and comfortable in the water
- Commit to a schedule based on volunteer's availability
- Volunteers over 18 years old require a Vulnerable Sector check