You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Arts & Crafts
There are 10 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Provide companionship to seniors through one to one visits
- Assist with quality recreation programs and special events to enhance the resident experience
- Provide volunteers with the opportunity to integrate with a long term care home's work environment
We have current openings for Child/Youth Volunteers with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) children 4-13 yrs. old)
2 shifts per month (approx. 8 hr. commitment)
Saturday Only. Mornings- 8:45 am-12:45 pm and afternoons- 1:15pm to 5:15pm
What would your typical day look like?
· set up area prior to children arriving
· Provide one on one supervision – a volunteer with one ASD child.
· Helping the child choose their activities and develop socialization skills through fun learning.
· After the session: Clean up and sanitize toys, debrief.
Ideal for high school students interested in working with ASD or adults with ASD children or have an interest in working with ASD, gaining experience for post-secondary students including ECE, Social Work/Service, Psychology students, Teachers for example.
What can I expect from being a FOOTPRINTS Volunteer?
Volunteering with ASD children is a contribution to the community and one of the most rewarding experiences.
** We provide complete training to our volunteers including Level C CPR/First Aid.
You bring a sense of happiness to an autistic child and real-life experience working with ASD children, while gaining team building and leadership skills. If you are a high school student going into post-secondary or a college or university student, volunteering with FOOTPRINTS builds industry recognized experience on your resume. As an adult volunteer your impact on an ASD child’s life is immeasurable.
Email Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Visit us at footprints4autism.org
Support the visitors' program experience by assisting with crafts and activities, way finding, building interpretation, setup/take down.
At Revera, we’re so thankful to have dedicated volunteers working in our communities. Whether our volunteers are supporting recreation activities, helping out at a special event, or offering companionship to a resident, these acts of volunteerism and kindness make a big difference in the lives of the people who call Revera home. Inquire today about how you can get involved.
• Assist with recreation activities & events
• Support with meals & dining experience
• Participate in organized programs & clubs
• Develop relationships & visit with seniors
Instruct clients on life skills * sew, cook, shop, budget * safety skills * music, art * computers * mentor social awareness skills * develop trust * accompany into community to engage in social activities
Support adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities in a Camp setting
Assist staff with social and recreational activities * work one on one with a client * help with meal preparation, serving meals and other kitchen duties
Engage a resident in activities and conversation, one to one * participate in activities of personal interest and ability