You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Youth & Activity Camp Support
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS provide safe, reliable transportation for children, youth and families to/from
appointments , family visits, school and camp.
• Provide local and long distance transportation for children.
• Abide by the rules of the road and all driving/automobile related laws.
• Properly use child restraints, according to current standards.
• Follow all policies and procedures related to volunteer driving as outlined in Volunteer Services.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENT
• Driver’s abstract must be submitted prior to commencing as a Volunteer Driver and will be completed
on an annual basis.
• Must have and maintain a mechanically sound and safe vehicle at all times
• Must have, and maintain, a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance.
• Adherence to mandatory seatbelt and child restraint regulations.
• Experience with children an asset.
•Reliability, flexibility, patience and confidentiality are all required.
•Must have a good driving record, acceptable police check and driver’s abstract.
•Must have a valid G driver’s license at all times
To become an approved volunteer with the Society, all applicants must complete the
screening process. Acceptance will be based on the results of this process.
• Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
• Volunteers must live or work in the Durham Region.
• Applicants will attend an information session in a group or individually.
• Applicants will complete an application form.
• An internal Society records check will be completed to determine any Society involvement.
• A provincial records check will be completed within the Child Protection Information Network (CPIN)
• Applicants will provide the names of three references and references will be deemed favourable. Manager, Communications & Community Relations has the discretion to approve an applicant with 2 references completed and deemed favourable.
• Applicants will provide a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector screening
• Applicants will provide proof of a valid driver’s license and a favorable driver’s abstract from the Ministry of Transportation when an assignment involves transporting children, youth and families.
• Applicants will be interviewed by the Coordinator of Volunteer Services to determine their suitability as a volunteer.
• Applicants will provide a Release of Information to contact other Children’s Aid Societies when there has been involvement or if they have resided outside of the Region for the last 10 years.
• Applicants will attend and complete New Volunteer Training
• Applicants must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
• Applicants will sign the Volunteer Agreement
• The applicant will be notified when they have been either approved or denied.
Support adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities in a Camp setting
COVID-19 considerations: Social distancing * frequent sanitization * Masks required
Volunteers will assist the Swimming Instructor during lessons that occur from September 27 to December 20. Volunteer opportunities are available evenings and weekends at our Eastview location -- 433 Eulalie Ave., Oshawa.
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Provide two references (neither can be from family members)
- Have or be working towards Bronze Star
- Commit to a schedule based on the volunteer's availability
- If over 18 years of age, a Vulnerable Sector Check is required
For more information, please contact Tracy Farr-Sullivan at email@example.com.
Halloween Party and Haunted Walk
October 11 & 12, 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
October 13, 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday, October 13 - 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Northview Community Centre, 150 Beatrice St E., Oshawa
BGC Durham is currently seeking volunteers to assist with our highly-anticipated Halloween Party and Haunted Walk. Volunteers will assist with set-up and general help through out the event, or join our performers for the haunted walk.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be working towards completion of high school community service hours
- Provide a clean Vulnerable Sector Check if over 18
- Must be willing to be in costume and perform. A love of Halloween is required!
- Preference will be given to students with a performing arts background