You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Youth Services
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS provide safe, reliable transportation for children, youth and families to/from
appointments , family visits, school and camp.
• Provide local and long distance transportation for children.
• Abide by the rules of the road and all driving/automobile related laws.
• Properly use child restraints, according to current standards.
• Follow all policies and procedures related to volunteer driving as outlined in Volunteer Services.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENT
• Driver’s abstract must be submitted prior to commencing as a Volunteer Driver and will be completed
on an annual basis.
• Must have and maintain a mechanically sound and safe vehicle at all times
• Must have, and maintain, a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance.
• Adherence to mandatory seatbelt and child restraint regulations.
• Experience with children an asset.
•Reliability, flexibility, patience and confidentiality are all required.
•Must have a good driving record, acceptable police check and driver’s abstract.
•Must have a valid G driver’s license at all times
To become an approved volunteer with the Society, all applicants must complete the
screening process. Acceptance will be based on the results of this process.
• Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
• Volunteers must live or work in the Durham Region.
• Applicants will attend an information session in a group or individually.
• Applicants will complete an application form.
• An internal Society records check will be completed to determine any Society involvement.
• A provincial records check will be completed within the Child Protection Information Network (CPIN)
• Applicants will provide the names of three references and references will be deemed favourable. Manager, Communications & Community Relations has the discretion to approve an applicant with 2 references completed and deemed favourable.
• Applicants will provide a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector screening
• Applicants will provide proof of a valid driver’s license and a favorable driver’s abstract from the Ministry of Transportation when an assignment involves transporting children, youth and families.
• Applicants will be interviewed by the Coordinator of Volunteer Services to determine their suitability as a volunteer.
• Applicants will provide a Release of Information to contact other Children’s Aid Societies when there has been involvement or if they have resided outside of the Region for the last 10 years.
• Applicants will attend and complete New Volunteer Training
• Applicants must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
• Applicants will sign the Volunteer Agreement
• The applicant will be notified when they have been either approved or denied.
If you have a special volunteer interest, please specify
This is a fully funded opportunity where participants’ travel expenses, living accommodations, food costs, and daily needs are covered * participants will need to bring is their dedication, empathy, and commitment to making a better world * Katimavik aims to help young folks become engaged, caring citizens and capable contributors and leaders for a better Canada through the development of 21st century skills, experiential learning, and civic engagement.
Previous initiatives One Voice did include a collection of sexual health and identity writings and art called "I is a powerful pronoun", planning events such as the Black Love QTBIPOC Valentine's event on Feb 12, and building and planting the One Voice community garden to support HIV-positive members of the ACDR community.
Volunteers will assist the Swimming Instructor during lessons that occur from September 27 to December 20. Volunteer opportunities are available evenings and weekends at our Eastview location -- 433 Eulalie Ave., Oshawa.
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Provide two references (neither can be from family members)
- Have or be working towards Bronze Star
- Commit to a schedule based on the volunteer's availability
- If over 18 years of age, a Vulnerable Sector Check is required
For more information, please contact Tracy Farr-Sullivan at email@example.com.