You performed a search for: Organization / Program Name(s): Sunrise Youth Group
There are 2 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Supporting members throughout a variety of events including:
- Art Workshops
- Cooking Classes
- Weekend Cabin Retreats - at Camp Samac
- Bowling Nights
- Dinner & Movie Nights
Duties during events include
- engaging with members during their friends in a friendly socializing role
- promote appropriate life and social skills
- encourage members to participate in events through positive energy
- assisting members to ensure they're included in programs i.e., holding knife while member places hand over top of yours to assist with cutting food items
- supporting staff in set up and clean up of events including: whiping down tables/counters, dishes, decorating, moving furniture, changing garbages etc.
Attending a mandatory intake meeting with the Recreation Manager along with a 2-day training sometime in July.
Support adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities in a Camp setting, bringing them to activities around camp, ensuring to attend to their emotional needs, acting as a support "friend-like" role.
Assist with daily routines including but not limited to: clothing changing, teeth brushing, showering, supporting toileting (whiping, accidents causing clothing changes from soiling).
Report any issues, concerns, behaviours etc. to a staff or the recreation manager.
Attend daily volunteer meetings to discuss days' events, things to note of or check ins/debriefs.
Ensure members are brought to meal times (9am, 1pm & 6pm)
Ensure members who have medications receive them whether in the dining hall during meal times to brought to the nurse's cabin. Ensuring member's health is mantained and brought to the nurses for any potential concerns i.e., cuts, falls, heat exhaustion, pain, etc.