You performed a search for: Suitable for: Couples
There are 32 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
We are seeking volunteers to help out at the adoption centre in Pickering at Petsmart . Duties include:
- cleaning cat cages, litter pans, ensuring cats have fresh food and water
- keeping centre clean
- brushing, socializing and playing with cats
- Spending time interacting and socializing shyer cats
- talking to public about cats, and potential adopters about adoptable cats
- assisting with the adoption process for cats approved for adoption
- communicating with fellow volunteers about any information needed and arranging coverage for any absences
Nature of the Position
This position offers practical and emotional support to Seafarers.
Outline of Responsibilities
Welcome seafarers to the Port of Oshawa
Respond to emergency calls for assistance
Offer practical, emotional support to seafarers
Engage in conversation with and be a friendly ear to people far from home and family
Bring a “presence and welcome” to ship-bound seafarers
Provide practical support to crews
Requires CSA rated safety boots/shoes, to be provided by volunteer
Requires proper personal protective wear, to be provided by MTSSO
Attend volunteer meetings and training events as required
Volunteers needed to exercise their expertise in the following areas:
- receive and sort donations
- greet and help assist customers
- cashier duties
- electronics/small appliance fixer and tester
- put together creative, pleasing displays
- handyman around the building
- clean and price items for the following departments: housewares, books, jewellery, sports, furniture, clothing, shoes, linens, purses and luggage, toys, electronics and high-end collectables/sports memorabelia
General volunteers do a variety of tasks including food service * dispensing pantry goods * monitoring washrooms * coat check * and various other odd jobs.
Girls Inc. of Durham is currently looking for Bingo volunteers! Volunteers are needed for a 2-hour shift once a week at Delta Bingo and Gaming in Pickering. In exchange for volunteering, Delta generously supports Girls Inc. programs. A single volunteer shift can raise enough funds to sponsor a girl to attend a life-changing Girls Inc. camp for FREE! We are looking for individuals who are: -19+ -have two doses of their vaccine -available during the day
Grandview Kids Foundation hosts several highly successful events throughout the year. Volunteers take on many roles, from assisting with registeration or silent auctions to leading children's activities to enhance guests' experiences, you will have the opportunity to connect with our caring communtiy of supporters.
A variety of volunteer opportunities available to assist with weekly timed 5 km run on the Duffins Trail * marshal, photography * setup, tear-down * timer, scanning, finish tokens * other tasks as needed
Are you passionate about trees and want to grow the urban forest? Join LEAF for our Volunteer Orientation to discover how you can lend a helping hand!
During this interactive virtual session, participants will learn about the LEAF mission, our programs and the different volunteer roles that LEAF offers.
We have opportunities in Toronto, York Region and Durham Region to suit any volunteer, from hands-on planting to community engagement. Learn how you can help improve the urban forest in 2024 and beyond!
- Monday, March 4, 2024 - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Registration is required and closes Thursday, February 29th at 11:59 p.m.
- Monday, April 8, 2024 - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Registration is required and closes Thursday, April 4th at 11:59 p.m.
Please note that volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
Registrants will be provided a Zoom Meeting link to access the orientation.
The event will be delivered online and can be accessed through a web browser or an electronic device with the Zoom app. Internet access is required. For accessibility questions, please contact Natasha Jovanovic, natasha[at]yourleaf.org.
This event is supported by Ontario Power Generation.
Looking for volunteers to assist with the workshops and edible garden installations at schools
If you have a special volunteer interest, please specify
The links below will provide more information on our organization:
Connect with new stroke survivors and/or caregivers in the local hospital setting. Must be a stroke survivor/caregiver. Lived experience with the effects of a stroke and utilze their experience to provide hope, encouragement, eduation and emotional support to people who are beginning the recovery process.
Looking for long-term Volunteers (minimum of 6 months, required to attend 2 hours minimum per week) to assist with every day programs, events, outings, entertainment and much MORE!
Animal care * lead animals to pasture, feeding, watering * groom animals * keep all buckets and dishes clean
Barn work * muck out stalls, replace straw, dump wheelbarrows * keep equipment clean and sweep barn floors
Administration * maintain daily logs and animal care records * communicate with Barn Manager about concerns * advocate for Pegasus to attract sponsors and volunteers
· Interacting with the public while providing great customer service. Merchandising and staging of furniture donations.
· eCommerce: product research for price and key selling points, measure dimensions, photography, and minor touch up of items to support our new online platform.
· Tasks may include customer service, product display, pricing, assembly, and repair
- Due to the physical nature of some of the tasks required, ReStore volunteers may be asked to lift heavy objects (bathroom fixtures, windows, doors, etc.)
- Assembling furniture and some restoration of various donations.
- Able to lift 10-20 pounds and be on your feet for several hours at a time.
- Volunteers are required to wear CSA approved green label safety shoes, some at store to borrow for volunteer shift
· Come with a willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff and to work as part of a team. A positive attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility, and a sense of humour is always key! Tasks are not always glamorous, so be prepared to do a variety of things.
Story Book Farm Primate Sanctuary is the only monkey sanctuary in Canada. Volunteer tasks include indoor and outdoor enclosure cleaning * preparing dinners, food enrichment and treats for the moneys * If skilled, carpentry projects, such as building monkey sleep boxes, creating structural enrichment and assisting with facilities maintenance * If you are unable to join us on-site, there are other volunteer opportunities to assist with fundraising and campaigns. Retirees welcomed!
Safety Note: As a sanctuary, physical contact with the monkeys is extremely limited. We respect their space and only interact with them on their terms through their enclosures to provide enrichment, support and comfort."
The Newcomer Skills Accelerator Program aims at supporting newcomer youth by providing them access to high value volunteering opportunities that will help them upbuild their skills, grow professionally and unlock their Canadian experience.
Volunteer opportunities are available across the GTA and more!, and in many areas that may include: Accounting, Education, Healthcare, Business, Hospitality, Environment, Technology, Agriculture, Community Engagement, and others. Interested applicants just simply need to complete the intake form to start applying to the volunteer opportunity(s) of their interest once they become available.
Porter resident to and from activity * assist with board and card games * encourage conversation between residents
Brain Waves Cafe is a monthly social gathering for people living with dementia and their care partners * Volunteers welcome participants to the cafe provideing them with a safe and welcoming environment to stimulate socialization and participation * Volunteers present the program/agenda and facilitate converstaion and discussion * Promote a fun, safe and inclusive social environment conducive to group cohesion and relationship building
We need volunteers work in pairs for a 2-hour shift * you can choose as many or as few shifts as you like * all Charity Bingo Volunteers receive a comprehensive one-hour orientation which is done online at a time convenient for you.
Attend all necessary Habitat GTA training sessions, provide on the job training and supervision for semi-skilled and unskilled volunteers * lead a group of volunteers, including homeowners, in the construction of simple, decent, affordable homes while upholding standards of safety, quality, and fun * assist in providing a safe and healthy working environment such as: use of equipment, personal protective equipment for volunteers, delegating work, maintaining a suitable working environment including preparing for weather, cleaning, tasks, etc. * ensure necessary tools are on the site for specific tasks and supervision of clean up, returning of tools and excess materials * have an understanding of the construction process; work in various phases of construction including framing, roofing, dry walling, etc. * have an understanding of the construction process; work in various phases of construction including framing, roofing, etc. * crew members perform tasks that require a level of skill and need to have the ability to quickly assess the abilities of volunteers. The Crew must be able to teach crew members proper construction techniques, answer their questions, show patience.
Able to learn to use construction tools and equipment with training and supervision * ability to lift 20-30lbs * aAssist in providing a safe and healthy working environment * come with a willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff and to work as part of a team * positive attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility and a sense of humour is always key! Tasks are not always glamourous, so be prepared to do a variety of things.
Assist at food bank * sort food donations and pack food bags for clients * gather and pack frozen meat, produce and dairy bags for clients.
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS provide safe, reliable transportation for children, youth and families to/from
appointments , family visits, school and camp.
• Provide local and long distance transportation for children.
• Abide by the rules of the road and all driving/automobile related laws.
• Properly use child restraints, according to current standards.
• Follow all policies and procedures related to volunteer driving as outlined in Volunteer Services.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENT
• Driver’s abstract must be submitted prior to commencing as a Volunteer Driver and will be completed
on an annual basis.
• Must have and maintain a mechanically sound and safe vehicle at all times
• Must have, and maintain, a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance.
• Adherence to mandatory seatbelt and child restraint regulations.
• Experience with children an asset.
•Reliability, flexibility, patience and confidentiality are all required.
•Must have a good driving record, acceptable police check and driver’s abstract.
•Must have a valid G driver’s license at all times
To become an approved volunteer with the Society, all applicants must complete the
screening process. Acceptance will be based on the results of this process.
• Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
• Volunteers must live or work in the Durham Region.
• Applicants will attend an information session in a group or individually.
• Applicants will complete an application form.
• An internal Society records check will be completed to determine any Society involvement.
• A provincial records check will be completed within the Child Protection Information Network (CPIN)
• Applicants will provide the names of three references and references will be deemed favourable. Manager, Communications & Community Relations has the discretion to approve an applicant with 2 references completed and deemed favourable.
• Applicants will provide a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector screening
• Applicants will provide proof of a valid driver’s license and a favorable driver’s abstract from the Ministry of Transportation when an assignment involves transporting children, youth and families.
• Applicants will be interviewed by the Coordinator of Volunteer Services to determine their suitability as a volunteer.
• Applicants will provide a Release of Information to contact other Children’s Aid Societies when there has been involvement or if they have resided outside of the Region for the last 10 years.
• Applicants will attend and complete New Volunteer Training
• Applicants must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
• Applicants will sign the Volunteer Agreement
• The applicant will be notified when they have been either approved or denied.
Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind is looking for volunteers in the Durham region, to help with our donation dog program. You would be responsible for placing new donations dogs in businesses, making the collections and deposits, sending reports, and generally ensuring the donation dogs are kept tidy. This position is great for retirees and those looking to volunteer a few hours a month, with a flexible schedule. If you are interested in joining this national fundraising effort, email Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Volunteer today!
Revera, we’re so thankful to have dedicated volunteers working in our retirement communities. Whether our volunteers are supporting recreation activities, helping out at a special event, or offering companionship to a resident, these acts of volunteerism and kindness make a big difference in the lives of the people who call Revera home. Inquire today about how you can get involved.
• Assist with recreation activities & events
• Support with meals & dining experience
• Participate in organized programs & clubs
• Develop relationships & visit with seniors
• 1-2 hours per week or spend a day with the rec staff
Be a part of a team of museum village gardeners * assist in the research, planning, planting, and maintenance of the heritage gardens
Provide excellent customer service to all Whitby Courthouse Theatre patrons in roles such as ushering, concessions sales, ticket scanners, etc.
Attend assigned charity bingo sessions on our behalf * 2 hour bingo sessions that work with your schedule * duties involved include light cleaning and providing customer service
Greeting the client, offering a quick friendly chat and observing clients well-being is not permitted at this time