You performed a search for: Skills / Experience: First Aid
There are 7 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Assist with planning and leading a weekly walking group for people living with dementia and their care partners * this program is designed to promote physical activity and socialization by providing a fun and safe outing opportunity.
Be trained to provide ground search and rescue services for emergency situations * assist where needed at evacuation centre or emergency operations centre throughout Northumberland County * provide community support to Port Hope Police Service and Cobourg Police Service
We have current openings for Child/Youth Volunteers with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) children 4-13 yrs. old)
2 shifts per month (approx. 8 hr. commitment)
Saturday Only. Mornings- 8:45 am-12:45 pm and afternoons- 1:15pm to 5:15pm
What would your typical day look like?
· set up area prior to children arriving
· Provide one on one supervision – a volunteer with one ASD child.
· Helping the child choose their activities and develop socialization skills through fun learning.
· After the session: Clean up and sanitize toys, debrief.
Ideal for high school students interested in working with ASD or adults with ASD children or have an interest in working with ASD, gaining experience for post-secondary students including ECE, Social Work/Service, Psychology students, Teachers for example.
What can I expect from being a FOOTPRINTS Volunteer?
Volunteering with ASD children is a contribution to the community and one of the most rewarding experiences.
** We provide complete training to our volunteers including Level C CPR/First Aid.
You bring a sense of happiness to an autistic child and real-life experience working with ASD children, while gaining team building and leadership skills. If you are a high school student going into post-secondary or a college or university student, volunteering with FOOTPRINTS builds industry recognized experience on your resume. As an adult volunteer your impact on an ASD child’s life is immeasurable.
Email Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Visit us at footprints4autism.org
Become a Volunteer today!
Revera, we’re so thankful to have dedicated volunteers working in our retirement communities. Whether our volunteers are supporting recreation activities, helping out at a special event, or offering companionship to a resident, these acts of volunteerism and kindness make a big difference in the lives of the people who call Revera home. Inquire today about how you can get involved.
• Assist with recreation activities & events
• Support with meals & dining experience
• Participate in organized programs & clubs
• Develop relationships & visit with seniors
• 1-2 hours per week or spend a day with the rec staff
Swim with a Buddy Volunteers will help young children become comfortable in the water.
Swim with a Buddy takes place every Friday evening beginning January 12th at our Eastview location -- 433 Eulalie Ave., Oshawa.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Provide 2 references (neither can be from family members)
- Able to swim and comfortable in the water
- Commit to a schedule based on volunteer's availability
- Volunteers over 18 years old require a Vulnerable Sector check