||Erika Goreski, Coordinator, Volunteer Services, Durham CAS; Phone: 905 433 1551 ext 2412; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS provide safe, reliable transportation for children, youth and families to/from
appointments , family visits, school and camp.
• Provide local and long distance transportation for children.
• Abide by the rules of the road and all driving/automobile related laws.
• Properly use child restraints, according to current standards.
• Follow all policies and procedures related to volunteer driving as outlined in Volunteer Services.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENT
• Driver’s abstract must be submitted prior to commencing as a Volunteer Driver and will be completed
on an annual basis.
• Must have and maintain a mechanically sound and safe vehicle at all times
• Must have, and maintain, a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance.
• Adherence to mandatory seatbelt and child restraint regulations.
• Experience with children an asset.
•Reliability, flexibility, patience and confidentiality are all required.
•Must have a good driving record, acceptable police check and driver’s abstract.
•Must have a valid G driver’s license at all times
To become an approved volunteer with the Society, all applicants must complete the
screening process. Acceptance will be based on the results of this process.
• Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
• Volunteers must live or work in the Durham Region.
• Applicants will attend an information session in a group or individually.
• Applicants will complete an application form.
• An internal Society records check will be completed to determine any Society involvement.
• A provincial records check will be completed within the Child Protection Information Network (CPIN)
• Applicants will provide the names of three references and references will be deemed favourable. Manager, Communications & Community Relations has the discretion to approve an applicant with 2 references completed and deemed favourable.
• Applicants will provide a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector screening
• Applicants will provide proof of a valid driver’s license and a favorable driver’s abstract from the Ministry of Transportation when an assignment involves transporting children, youth and families.
• Applicants will be interviewed by the Coordinator of Volunteer Services to determine their suitability as a volunteer.
• Applicants will provide a Release of Information to contact other Children’s Aid Societies when there has been involvement or if they have resided outside of the Region for the last 10 years.
• Applicants will attend and complete New Volunteer Training
• Applicants must sign an Oath of Confidentiality
• Applicants will sign the Volunteer Agreement
• The applicant will be notified when they have been either approved or denied.
|More Info Link
||Mileage reimbursed at a rate of 57-cents/km.
Monthly allowance of $25 to put towards cellphone expenses.
||Children, youth and caregivers in the Durham Region
||20 year(s) - 80 year(s)
|Suitable for Highschool Credit Hours
||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women ; Newcomers / English as a second language ; Couples ; Individuals
|Areas of Interest
||Child & Family Services ; Parenting / Foster Care Support ; Transportation / Driver / Delivery ; Youth & Activity Camp Support ; Youth Services
||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Listening Skills ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Working with Children
||Long Term - Minimum commitment of 1 year
||One-on-one ; Small Group
|Dates and Times
||Monday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Friday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Saturday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Sunday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
||Spring ; Summer ; Fall ; Winter ; Year Round
|Number of Positions
||Ajax ; Beaverton ; Bowmanville ; Brock ; Brooklin ; Cannington ; Clarington ; Courtice ; Durham Region ; Orono ; Oshawa ; Pickering ; Port Perry ; Scugog ; Uxbridge (Township of) ; Whitby
10 individual(s) needed in total.
||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training is required ; Scheduled training ; Training on the job ; Training on-going
||Driver License required ; Car required